Video casts doubt on Israeli account of Gaza medic killings

14 hours ago 3
ARTICLE AD BOX

Mobile phone footage has emerged that appears to contradict Israel's account of why soldiers opened fire on a convoy of ambulances and a fire truck on March 23, killing 15 rescue workers.

The video was published by the Palestine Red Crescent Society (PRCS), which said it was obtained from the phone of a paramedic who was killed.

It shows the vehicles moving in darkness with headlights and emergency flashing lights switched on - before coming under fire.

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) initial statement said "several uncoordinated vehicles were identified advancing suspiciously toward IDF troops without headlights or emergency signals. IDF troops then opened fire at the suspected vehicles."

A surviving paramedic previously told the BBC that the ambulances were clearly marked and had their internal and external lights on.

In response to the new video, the IDF told the BBC: "All claims, including the documentation circulating about the incident, will be thoroughly and deeply examined to understand the sequence of events and the handling of the situation".

More on this story.

Read Entire Article