Ngamba out of pro debut because of 'medical issue'

4 weeks ago 10
ARTICLE AD BOX

Olympian Cindy Ngamba has been withdrawn from her professional debut on medical grounds and will not feature on Friday's all-female card in London.

The 26-year-old bronze medallist was scheduled to face Kirstie Bavington in a light-middleweight contest at the Royal Albert Hall.

Cameroon-born Ngamba made history at last year's Paris Olympics as the first member of the Refugee Olympic Team to win a medal.

"Cindy Ngamba will not be making her professional debut on Friday night after a pre-fight medical examination revealed an issue requiring further investigations", promoters Boxxer said.

"The health and safety of fighters remains the highest priority, and Cindy will undergo further tests in the coming days."

Boxxer told BBC Sport it will not be making any further comment on the nature of the withdrawal.

UK-based Ngamba signed a "multi-fight" promotional deal with Boxxer earlier this year.

Friday's card will be headlined by welterweight world champion Natasha Jonas' unification fight against fellow Briton Lauren Price.

WBC lightweight champion Caroline Dubois will defend her title against Bo Mi Re Shin in the chief support.

Natasha Jonas v Lauren Price - IBF, WBC & WBA welterweight world titles (10x2min rounds)

  • Caroline Dubois v Bo Mi Re Shin - WBC lightweight world title

  • Karriss Artingstall v Raven Chapman - British featherweight title

  • Chloe Watson v Jasmina Zapotoczna - European flyweight title (10x2min rounds)

  • Francesca Hennessy v TBC - super-bantamweight

Read Entire Article